The County Executive Committee
ORGANIZATIONAL MEETING CALL
Cynthia Brehm, Chairman
The County Executive Committee of the RPBC
Tuesday July 24, 2018
Republican Party of Bexar Coutny Headquarters
909 NE Loop 410, Suite 514
San Antonio, Texas 78209
6:00 p.m. registration and networking
7:00 p.m. CEC meeting convenes
Please RSVP to: email@example.com
July 24, 2018
Time: 6:00 pm
Location: RPBC Headquarters
- Call to order
- Welcome & Introduction of Elected Officials and Candidates
- Appointment of Secretary Pro-tem
- Pledge to flag of the United States of America and to the Texas Flag
- Appointment of the Sergeant at Arms
- Adoption of the Agenda
- Appointment of Tellers
- Appointment of Time Keepers
- Roll call and Confirmation of Quorum
- Approval of minutes of April 13, 2018
- Standing Committees
- Special or Ad Hoc Committees
- Old Business
- New business
- Election of New Secretary
- Administration of Oath to New Secretary
- Announcement of Precinct Chairs Resignations
- Approval of By-Law Changes
- Appointment of Precinct Chair of Non-contested vacancies
- Administration of Oath to Precinct Chairs
- Approval of County Chair Appointments
- Appointment and Ratification of New Officers
- Administration of Oath to New Officers
- Disposition of the Republican Party of Bexar County HQ
- Donations Collection
- Election Workers Needed
- 3-minute speeches by each candidate for State Office
- Closing ceremony
REPUBLICAN PARTY OF BEXAR COUNTY
EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE BYLAWS
The name of this organization shall be the Republican Party of Bexar County Executive Committee (herein known as the Executive Committee).
The purpose of the Executive Committee is to promote Republican Principles and the election of Republican candidates and to promote the positions of the Party. In addition, the Executive Committee shall manage the affairs of the Republican Party of Bexar County (herein known as the Party).
Section 1: The Executive Committee shall be composed of the County Chairman, the duly elected Precinct Chairmen for each voting precinct in Bexar County, and the Officers. SREC Committeeman and Committeewoman are ex-officio members of their SD Counties Executive Committees, without the right to make motions or vote.
Section 2: The Executive Committee shall:Exercise those powers conferred on it by the Texas Election Code and the Republican Party of Texas;
- Establish general policies to promote Republican Principles and the election of Republican Candidates; and
- Cooperate in carrying out such programs as requested by the Republican Party of Texas or the Republican National Committee.
Section 3: In the case of a vacancy in the office, the order by which the Vice Chair positions are listed in Article V Section 2 (B) shall be the order of succession.
Section 4: When a vacancy occurs in the office of County Chair through death, resignation or ineligibility, the Secretary shall call a special meeting of the Executive Committee within thirty (30) days for the exclusive purpose of filling the vacancy in the office of County Chair. No other business of the Executive Committee may occur until the vacancy is filled, with the exception of a statutory meeting.
The use of proxies or proxy voting is prohibited in all matters before the Republican Party of Bexar County, including, but not limited to, votes conducted by the Executive Committee, and any Standing or Special Committee.
Section 1: The officers of the Party shall be the County Chairman, the Secretary, elected by the Executive Committee; and the Vice Chairmen, Treasurer and Legal Counsel, appointed by the County Chairman and ratified by a majority vote of the members present and voting at any Executive Committee meeting. The Appointed Officers and the Secretary need not be members of the Executive Committee prior to their appointment or election.
Section 2: These officers shall perform the duties prescribed to them by the pertinent statutes, and the General Rules of the Republican Party of Texas, these Bylaws, any Standing Rules adopted hereunder, and such other duties as may be designated by the Executive Committee or County Chairman.
- Duties of the Chairman shall be to organize the County Party as described above and to preside at all meetings of the County Executive Committee or its subsidiaries; oversee the primary election; and be authorized to designate representatives or staff to perform duties deemed appropriate to complete the requirements of the office.
- The County Vice Chairmen shall assist the County Chairman as requested in the execution of the duties of the Chairman:
- The Vice Chair of Community Outreach responsible for voter education, voter registration, volunteer recruitment, and Senior services. The Vice Chair of Community Outreach shall engage the general voter population to increase Republican voter registration and educate the general populace on the official platform of the Republican Party of Bexar County. The Vice Chair of Community Outreach shall prepare and submit a report to the County Executive Committee quarter for the levels of voter and new voter registration, engagement, and recruitment.
- The Vice Chair of Operations shall be responsible for Precinct Chair Training, Campaign Management, data management, and campaign support. The Vice Chair of Operations shall engage the Precinct Chairs to provide training for better support for their duties and their ability to support all GOP candidates, while working closely with the Vice Chair of Bexar County Policy Engagement. The Vice Chair of Operations shall prepare and submit a report to the County Executive Committee quarterly detailing the level of engagement of precinct chairs, rate of precinct chair involvement with campaigns, and rate of Precinct chair involvement with trainings.
- The Vice Chair of Communications shall be responsible for communications, Membership Committee, Public Relations Director, and Legal Advising Committee. The Vice Chair of Communication shall also be responsible for recruiting and vetting candidates for all local elections. Shall submit a quarterly report outlining communication events and ensure the integrity of our membership and communications.
- The Vice Chair of Fundraising shall be responsible for all fundraising to include sponsorship for all major events held annually and shall work closely with the Chair in obtaining new donors and implementing other fundraising programs. The Vice Chair of Fundraising shall coordinate with the Treasurer on all donations received for proper accounting and compliance with all local, state, and Federal regulation.
- The Vice Chair of Special Events shall be responsible for four large fundraising events, which each are to be held annually. The Vice Chair of Special Events shall manage all aspects of those events, which includes but not limited to volunteer recruitment, location study, marketing, set up and teardown, and more. The Vice Chair of Special Events shall prepare and report to County Executive Committee on the progress of each event quarterly.
- The Vice Chair of Youth Engagement shall be responsible for engaging university and college groups, community youth groups, and any other group 39 years old and younger for the purpose of increasing involvement in the Republican Party of Bexar County and all elections volunteers. These groups shall be recruited and engaged not just for voting but all other aspects such as but not limited to volunteering, poll watching, candidate support, block walking, phone backing, signage placement, and all other of political involvement. The Vice Chair of Youth Engagement shall prepare and submit a report quarterly to the County Executive Committee as to the levels of voter and new voter registration, engagement, and campaign involvement of those 39 years old and younger.
- The Vice Chair of Bexar County Policy Engagement shall be responsible for research and development of policy proposals and community issues with emphasis on city and county issues. The Vice Chair of Bexar County Policy Engagement and Vice Chair of Operations shall work in concert to provide all candidate with most to date information pertinent to their races. The Vice Chair of Bexar Policy Engagement shall regularly keep the County Executive Committee informed of all findings on a weekly basis and a formal report during County Executive Committee Meetings.
- The Vice Chair of Constituent Relations shall be responsible for engaging the community and local government to attract potential supporter by answering questions, collecting suggestions on possible policy goals, and manage social media for the Republican Party of Bexar County. The Vice Chair of Constituent Relations shall intake all community concerns and prepare response correspondences to ensure the highest satisfaction of the community. The Vice Chair of Constituent Relations shall prepare and submit a report community relations quality to the County Executive Committee of all his/her community engagements.
- The Secretary shall keep the minutes of all meetings of the County Executive Committee and any other meetings or committees as directed by the County Chairman.
- The Treasurer shall keep the financial records of the Party and prepare a report of the current financial condition for each County Executive Committee Meeting. The Treasurer shall also prepare and submit all reports required for compliance with the Internal Revenue Service, the Federal Election Commission and Texas Ethics Commission.
Section 3: The terms of office for the County Chairman and Secretary shall be as provided in the Texas Election Code. Appointed officers shall serve at the pleasure of the County Chairman.
MEETINGS OF THE EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE
Section 1: The Executive Committee shall meet at least every one hundred twenty (120) days, including such times as required by the Texas Election Code. It shall meet at the call of the County Chairman or upon written petition of at least twenty percent (20%) of the Executive Committee.
Section 2: The quorum for all non-statutory business meetings shall be twenty-five percent (25%) of the membership excluding vacancies.
Section 3: A quorum for conducting statutory business shall consist of those members present.
Section 4: The County Chairman shall notify all members of a County Executive Committee in advance of any meeting of any committee, including a proposed agenda. Meeting Notice and proposed agenda will be posted to the public RPBC calendar.
STANDING AND SPECIAL COMMITTEES
Section l: Standing committees shall be appointed to develop plans and to make recommendations to the Vice Chairs, whom they serve, and to implement such actions as directed by the County Chairman.
Section 2: The Standing Committees shall include: (1) Candidate Recruitment and Vetting; (2) Legal Advising; (3) Public Relations; (4) Membership; (5) Data Management; (6) Precinct Chair Training; (7) Voter Education; (8) Voter Registration; (9) Volunteer Recruitment; (10) Senior Services; (11) Donors; (12) Casino Night; (13) Christmas Ball; (14) Lincoln Day; (15) Golf Scramble; (16) Youth Recruitment; (17) Research; (18) Eastside Relations; (19) Westside Relations; (20) Northside Relations; and (21) Southside Relations.
Section 3: The County Chairman may appoint such special committees as deemed necessary to carry out the work of the Party.
Section 4: The County Chairman shall appoint the chairman and the members of each committee and they shall serve at the pleasure of the County Chairman. The County Chairman shall be an ex-officio member of all committees.
Section 5: Committees shall meet at the call of the Committee Chairman, their corresponding Vice Chair, or of the County Chairman.
All Committees of the Republican Party of Bexar County shall be governed by the current edition of Robert’s Rules of Order, Newly Revised, unless those rules are inconsistent with the Statutes of the State of Texas and the Election Code, the General Rules of the Republican Party of Texas, the Republican National Committee, or these Bylaws, and any rules adopted by the Executive Committee.
AMENDMENT OF BYLAWS
These Bylaws may be amended by a two-thirds (2/3) vote of the members of the Executive Committee present and voting at any meeting of the Executive Committee, as long as text of the intended amendment has been provided to the Executive Committee meeting at a previous meeting held at least thirty (30) days prior. The text shall be included in the next meeting notice.
———–End July 24, 2018 By Laws—————–